Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Praise The Lord!

Walt and I headed out about 10:30 this morning and were faced with the situation of no one having gas in our area!  We finally found some at a BP station that I had seen had gas yesterday. We had planned to only put about 10 gallons in, but after speaking to some people at the pumps and learning that none of the stations in our area, other than this one, had any gas, we decided we better fill up.  Here is my "Cowboy" filling up the truck. 

We then headed to Winston Salem because I had a follow-up appointment at Wake Forest Baptist University Medical Center.

 

I am on a 6 month check-up schedule following a biopsy on my face that I had several years ago.  Each time I go, the doctor takes photos of the place on my face and has been delaying surgery unless the area starts to change. (They are really watching it closely because my daughter had Melanoma.)


When I got there today, the nurse put me in a Surgical/Treatment Room and I must admit that I was a little nervous. My doctor came in with my chart and all of the previous photos.  He did a full body scan on me --he checked me from head to toe, even looking in between my toes, inside my mouth and in my eyes!  (Melanoma can manifest itself in ANY of these places.) 

I had him look at every "spot" I could think of on my body and, Praise The Lord, he said that all of  my "spots" were OK and there were NO changes in the place we have been monitoring!  He said there was no need to do surgery AND he released me this time for 1 year! GOD IS GOOD!

Walt and I left there and headed to my favorite place to go while in Winston Salem!

Are these not some of the most beautiful Mums you have ever seen!  I love Fall and it is really starting to feel like Fall and look like Fall here!


Thank you, Lord, for the good report that I received today!

13 comments:

Becky said...

God IS good!! I'm so glad you got a clean bill of health. I had 4 places on my hands removed two weeks ago. To much sun all these years. But I still love it!!

We got a new Whole Foods in Little Rock a couple of weeks ago. Cortney and I went yesterday when I was in Little Rock.

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord for a perfect report!!!

petrii said...

Oh Emilie, PTL That is such a good report!! God is sooooo good!!!!!

Those mums and pumpkins make me want to sit right in the middle of them with a book and something warm and yummy to drink.

Love you dear one, Dawn

Betsy said...

I am so glad you are okay! Melanoma is really scary! I get those full body scans, too.

I couldn't find gas anywhere tonight! The two places that did have it had lines that were so long you would have to wait at least 30 minutes to an hour just to get any gas at all! I hope this ends soon. I wonder why we are having such a shortage, but other places aren't??

Kristen said...

Praise God for your good report! What a relief as well for you to know in your heart you don't have to think about the possibility of surgery!
Love the mums..I put my scarecrow out yesterday but need to grab some mums to make it complete!

JenB said...

So glad for the good report! (and FYI, my sis-in-law works at Baptist in the ED)
You should have seen the line at the gas station near our house tonight! Craziness!

Jenna said...

Oh I am so glad to hear this awesome news. I too get to have those fun body scans checking for suspicious places. I go every year and it is such a relief to hear that all is clear!

Glad ya'll a good little trip and the sight of those PUMPKINS make me happier than I can even express!!! :)

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

So glad that you got a great report from your doctor! Yes, God is Good!

Faith said...

Oh, I am praising the Lord too for this report! I am so relieved, and I know you are too.

I love the picture of those mums and pumpkins...it just makes me smile!

I guess I will go look for gas tomorrow while everyone else is at work. I am not about to wait in line for an hour - craziness!

Love you!!

Sarah said...

I am so glad you got such a wonderful report back.

And that picture is beautiful! Oh how I miss the North Carolina season changes. We don't get those here! The leaves don't turn like they do out there.

Meredith said...

Soo glad that your report was a good one. I love the pictures of the mums and pumpkins! Mums are just so beautiful!

Mulchy Mama said...

So glad you got such a good report...and glad you found gas! :) I used to work at Baptist, but boy has it changed since I was there!!

Megan said...

Praise the Lord for a good report!!!
I'm loving those fall pictures!