Nicki gave me my VERY first tag and, I'll be honest, since I am so new to "blogland" I had to call up my daughter to make sure that I understood exactly what that meant. LOL! This is such a good way to get to know more about people, though.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Oh my....I can hardly remember what I did yesterday and you want me to remember 10 years ago!
I was raising 3 teenagers! I had a 13 yr. old, a 15 yr. old and a 17 year old (that MAY be why I have no memory anymore!) AND my husband lived and worked away in West Virginia. I was also working full-time in a dental office. Needless to say, that was a very busy time in my life!
2. My Favorite Snacks
Definitely almonds or cashews. I have one or the other for snack EVERY day!
3. Five things on my to-do list today
1. Empty the cat litter box
2. Place my monthly Miessence order
3. Water all my flower baskets and vegetable containers
4. Balance my checkbook
5. Wash a load of hand washables
4.Things I would do if I were a billionaire
I would give God His portion right off the top and then I would like to be able to practice "random acts of kindness". I would like to give lots of "just because" gifts to people. I would like to be able to support various ministries that have ministered to me over the years. I would also love to purchase and run my own Bed-And-Breakfast in the mountains of NC.
5. Five jobs that I've had
Well...I haven't really had too many jobs. I started working in a dentist office when I was 15 years old and I am still in one! I worked at the school and then in the church office when my kids went to Christian school.
1. worked after school in an Oral Surgeon's office during high school
2. assistant to English Professor while in college
3. dental hygienist
4. elementary school secretary and later church secretary
5. dental office manager
6. Five places I've lived
1. Chattanooga, TN
2. Columbus, GA
3. Toccoa, GA
4. Gainesville, GA
5. North Carolina
7.Five random things people wouldn't know about me
1. The first day that I FINALLY stayed all day at kindergarten without crying and my mom having to come get me, I fell off my bicycle that afternoon and broke my arm and had to miss school the next day!
2. I played the saxophone from the 3rd grade thru high school ( I also played the oboe in high school)
3. The first solo that I ever sang at church was "There's Just Something About That Name" (Gaither)
4. I LOVE fried green tomatoes! (And fried okra!)
5. I am extremely sensitive to chemicals and fragrances so I am obsessed with avoiding the use of chemicals whenever possible. I use all natural products to clean my house, do my laundry, etc. I make my own dishwashing powder, laundry detergent, furniture polish, bathroom cleaner and all-purpose cleaner.
8.Five cds that I'd have to take on a desert island
All my CDs are loaded onto my IPod (along with various Podcasts) so I would just carry it with me. It currently has 6542 songs loaded on it. That oughta last me awhile, huh!
9. People I tag are.........