Saturday, January 1, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory Team - Verse #1


I can hardly believe that another new year is already here, but I am very excited about what God has in store for me and my family in the coming year.
I really believe that God is going to do some amazing things in the year 2011!

In 2009, I joined the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) for a one year plan of scripture memorization with Beth Moore. God used His Word to speak to my heart in amazing ways that year! I have known for some time that I needed to be memorizing scripture again and for awhile now have been looking forward to the beginning of a new year. I found in the year 2009 that the accountability of memorizing scripture with other ladies was such an encouragement.

So.....I decided to join the Siesta Scripture Memory Team again this year. I've got my spiral bound index cards and and I am ready to make my first entry for 2011 with these verses:

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded, 
YOU NEED TO PERSEVERE so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. 
Hebrews 10:35-36 NIV
I would encourage any of you that might not have been planning to participate in this to hop over and check out Beth's blog and learn more about the SSMT

COME ON...It's not too late to jump in and we'll ALL hide God's Word in our hearts in 2011!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I participated in the 2009 SSMT, but did not stay with it...my own fault! This year I am determined to stay with the plan! I so want to be able to accomplish this! And I like how Beth suggested to choose scripture based on what you "need" rather than randomly choosing a verse to memorize...maybe if you're going through something in your life...choosing the scripture that can speak to you...

So excited about this!

~Beth

MiMi said...

It definitely makes it more special when you memorize a verse that particularly means something to YOU at a given time!

I'm excited about it again, too! We'll help hold each other accountable, Beth!

valerie said...

I'm doing it too!
I went to the Scripture Memorization Event at Beth's church in Houston in Jan. 2010. In 2009 I memorized Psalm 139 & loved it! Do you think you'll get to go to the event in Jan. 2012?
Wouldn't that be great to meet in person? K. is going it too & I'm hoping she'll get to go to Houston too.
I'm going to post my Scripture in a few days.
I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging.
I've been a slacker. :/