Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Joshua!


Twenty eight years ago today, I received the precious gift of a son,

Joshua Reid Davis. 

Since the very beginning of your life, you have always been a "night owl"... making your debut into this world at 4:36 a.m.!  You've remained on that same "time schedule" to this day!  LOL

You checked in to the world at 7 lbs. 3 oz. ... a mere 51 minutes after we arrived at the hospital!  Most everyone that saw you thought that you resembled your dad when he was a baby.

*******

My favorite President of all time, Ronald Reagan, was President of the United States. Leg warmers, scrunch socks and designer jeans were popular fads and "It's Raining Men" was one of the most requested songs. Feathered hair and side ponytails were popular.

******

We have surely been through a lot together since that morning 28 years ago....

You have taught me so much about life.  Your zeal for life is contagious and your love for the Lord and for others is refreshing. You have "never met a stranger" and everyone who meets you thinks that you are such an interesting guy.  You are well-read and knowledgeable about so many topics.


I thank God for the blessing of a son.  It has been an awesome experience to watch God work in your life, especially over the past year, and to see you mature into such an awesome young man. 


Just as I have prayed for you (and your sisters) for many years, my prayer for your life today remains the same:

That God would fill you with all the fullness of His will; with all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 

That He would teach you to walk in a manner worthy of the Christ which you profess.

That He would create within your heart a desire to please Him in everything.

That He would so work in your life that you would bear fruit in every good work.

That He would so create a desire in your heart for the things of God that you would continually be increasing in your knowledge and understanding of His ways.

That God would strengthen you with all power and might according to His glorious supernatural power, so that steadfastly and with patience that you would be able to endure all kinds of trials.

And that the Lord would let you so live a life of thanksgiving for His work of grace --that you are part of His inheritance -- translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light.



It is so exciting for me, as your mother, to see God answering many of the prayers that I have prayed over your life.  God IS faithful!

God has begun a mighty work in your life and I  am confident that He will complete it!



Happy Birthday, Joshua...I love you!
Mom


"And this is the confidence that we have before Him that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked of Him."     
I John 5:14-15

8 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Wow! First, Happy Birthday to your son! I know you are one proud mama!

I love what you "prayed" for your son....but you said some things that I too want to take to heart...for my own self! What I need to be praying for me....

Powerful!

~Beth

Love Being A Nonny said...

51 minutes?????!!!!!!!! Good grief! What a handsome guy! Happy birthday to your son!

petrii said...

MiMi,
What a beautiful post!! This brings joy and expectation to my own heart. I love you friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

What a proud momma! :)

Happy Birthday to your precious son!

Melissa said...

Awesome post there mom! I hope today is wonderful for Josh and for you as you celebrate him! I am also praying those prayers along side you for him! Love you and your family!

Faith said...

Happy Birthday little Bro! I love you and I'm thankful for you!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to Joshua! Such a sweet post. :)

monarte said...

Hello again Mimi, I have not posted much on my own blog in a while but, I thank God tonight for leading me to read your story about your Son Joshua. I to have a Son that will be 25, Feb.26th. I feel connected to you through the prayer you prayed for your Son. I to feel a the same things in my Heart for My Son. I can't not imagine the magnitude of Love God has for us who gave his only Son,,, Jesus. Happy Birthday to Joshua... and may you all be Blessed with Gods continued presents in your lives.