Sunday, March 15, 2009

2009 - Hiding God's Word Verse # 6

I am so thankful that I committed to join in on the LPM Scripture Memory Challenge at the beginning of the year. Along with many of you, I committed to memorize 2 verses (or passages) of Scripture each month for the entire year of 2009.

I can hardly believe that it is already time for my SIXTH memory verse of the year. The verse that I memorized for the first half of the month of March was Psalm 25:4-5.

"Show me your ways, O Lord,
Teach me your paths;
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long."

These verses have been such a comfort to me in recent days. I have needed this daily reminder that ALL of my hope is in Him - and Him ONLY! (Every time I think of this, it reminds me of the song "Jesus Messiah" --all our hope is in You!)

This time, I have had great difficulty deciding which verse that I wanted to memorize. There are so many that I have made a note of that I would like to commit to memory, but the next verse that God has impressed upon me to memorize and meditate on is:


"He is your constant source of stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him." 

Isaiah 33:6 NET


Is that great or what? HE is my constant source of stability! He is the solid rock on which I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

And what is the key to unlocking all of this? Fear is the key -- fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord is wisdom. I LOVE this verse!

BTW...It's still not too late for you to jump in and join in memorizing scriptures for 2009. Just click over and read
this post and join with us. I know that you'll be glad that you did!

Have a blessed week!

14 comments:

The France Family said...

I have never memorized scripture but I have seen on a few blogs women talking about how much of a difference it makes and I've decided to do this too! I am copying down the verse and putting it on my fridge so I look at it and say it everyday!!

BTW I tried your recipe for Mac and cheese this weekend and Jimmy loved it!! Thanks for sharing those yummy recipes!!

Denise said...

I love these scriptures.

Jill said...

I LOVE this verse! I'm going to start memorizing, as well. I used to memorize chapters upon chapters when I was a child. It is harder for me to remember now, but so worth it when you are being attacked by the enemy and can immediately start quoting scripture. You can't be defeated when you do that! :)

Thank you for your prayers, in regards to our weekend in Nashville. I had the sweetest time, just worshipping the Lord and feeding on His Word. There is nothing like sitting under Beth Moore's teaching!

Love you!

Faith said...

Constant source of stability....that's good stuff!!

Don't you just love how God's Word is alive and active and speaks right to our hearts?!?!

I love you so much. I'm glad I got to see you today! I hope you have a great week, Mom!

petrii said...

Em,
I love this verse!!!!! But maybe my brain is just too tired to remember, but I'm not recognizing the NET version. Which one is that? I love the way that reads.

Have a Blessed week friend,
Dawn

PS I'll try to send you an e-mail update while we're away. Also our rental car is a Dodge Charger -- might as well go to Mayo in style huh? It's gold and pretty. Love you friend!!!

Jacquie said...

Two great verses!! They're very timely with all the uncertainties we face today.

Abbi said...

great verse!!! perfect this week!!! i love your motivation to memorized scripture and not only that.....to stick with it!! it take dedication!!
your awesome!

April said...

Hey there!
So glad you stopped by my blog the other day! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. In answer to your question...we live in a town called Dacula. Ever heard of it? What about you? Of course, we'll be moving to the Gulf Coast region in a little over a year from now.

valerie said...

I learned a song to this verse years and years ago.
We sing it at church still to this day. Great verse.

I'm continuing on with Psalm 139 for my memorization.

It's going to be a sunny 73 degrees today here in Chicago! Yay! We mostly brought sweaters because we thought the weather was going to be rainy and cold. I did have a few trusty back ups.

Have a great day Emilie.
Love,
Valerie

Julie said...

I am so glad GOD is my CONSTANT. He does not waver like I do.

I must have that jewelry bag!!! Will you tell me what store you got it at? I'm hoping there is one in my area!!!!!

monarte said...

JESUS THE MESSIAH, are the words I say when ever I can't think of or a scripture or read one. He seems to be aways CONSTANTLY there when I speak His name. Yahshua,,,
So great that you share The word with us,
I put someing simple on my blog that might also get you through the week.
Blessings,,, Mona

Sherry said...

Great verse! We just recently had a study on the fear of the Lord -- awesome.

God is truly my stability, comfort, joy -- you name it :)

monarte said...

Please read my Blog, I have asked for Prayer, for a dear sweet Grand mother, I know with a Grand son 2yrs old, in crisis with Cancer. Please read and ask all your reader, family and friends that know Jesus, to read it, and pray for Elijah.
Thankyou
mona
of Monarte

Denise K. said...

Maybe I will commit to memorizing the same ones you do Mimi...you could lead us all in an on line challenge?!? Something to think about!!!! I'd join in a heartbeat! :-)