Friday, May 29, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
To say I have been experiencing a writer's block in recent days and weeks would be an understatement. Every time that I have sat down to post on my blog in recent weeks, God has had other plans for me. I literally have had my fingers on the keyboard, but nothing came!
Prior to the last time that I posted on my blog, God had begun continued convicting me about the amount of time that I had been spending on blogging, emailing, FaceBook, television, etc. Even as I sat down to comment on all of your precious blogs, the words would not come. So, that being said, I have taken some much needed time off from blogging to listen to what God had to say to me.
- He has reminded me that I am to come apart from all the noise and confusion of this world and spend time with Him.
- He has reminded me that I am to come to Him with anticipation - eager and expecting to hear His still small voice.
- He has reminded me that I need to stretch my spiritual earlobes so that I can hear Him better. He speaks loudly enough and clearly enough for wide open ears to hear!
- He has reminded me that even when I do not see Him or I do not hear His voice, He is still working. He is ALWAYS working - even when He is silent!
- He has reminded me that I am to sit quietly and wait for Him to speak.
- He has reminded me that His ways are higher than my ways and that if I could explain all the "whys", that He wouldn't be God!
- He has reminded me that what I really believe is reflected in my personal conduct.
- He has reminded me that his grace empowers me to say "No" to worldly desires and ungodliness.
- He has reminded me that my prayers need to be more about Him and less about me.
- He has reminded me that He is much more interested in my holiness than my happiness.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I can hardly believe that we are already on Verse #10 in the LPM Scripture Memory Challenge -- to memorize 2 verses (or passages) of Scripture each month for 2009. It has been such a blessing to have the previous 9 verses committed to memory and God has given me so many opportunities to use these verses in recent weeks.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
I had the most wonderful Mother's Day! I was blessed to have all of my children in church with me on Sunday! Even after all these years, there's just something so special about being in God's House together!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Along with many of my fellow bloggers, I recently decided to try the "30 Day Shred" - the exercise DVD that is taking the country by storm.
Just the title alone makes me cringe with fear! I looked up the word "shred" in the dictionary and it says, "to cut or tear into small pieces; reduce to shreds". And, after only 3 days into the program.....I would say that is a pretty accurate description! This coming from someone who the most exercise they have done in the past year is walking from their car into their office each day!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
One of my sweet blogging friends, Laura, sent me an email this week asking me to pray for a very special young man, Reggie, that was involved in a terrible automobile accident earlier in the week. Reggie has a collapsed lung, is in a coma and has severe swelling and pressure in his brain.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
As I continue with the LPM Scripture Memory Challenge -- to memorize 2 verses (or passages) of Scripture each month - I am now up to verse # 9 in 2009 and what a blessing it has been to have 8 new verses in my "arsenal"! God has brought these messages to my mind so many times over these past months and He has also given me opportunities to share these verses with others.
My verses for the month of April were 2 Corinthians 5:9-11: