To say I have been experiencing a writer's block in recent days and weeks would be an understatement. Every time that I have sat down to post on my blog in recent weeks, God has had other plans for me. I literally have had my fingers on the keyboard, but nothing came!
Prior to the last time that I posted on my blog, God had begun continued convicting me about the amount of time that I had been spending on blogging, emailing, FaceBook, television, etc. Even as I sat down to comment on all of your precious blogs, the words would not come. So, that being said, I have taken some much needed time off from blogging to listen to what God had to say to me.
- He has reminded me that I am to come apart from all the noise and confusion of this world and spend time with Him.
- He has reminded me that I am to come to Him with anticipation - eager and expecting to hear His still small voice.
- He has reminded me that I need to stretch my spiritual earlobes so that I can hear Him better. He speaks loudly enough and clearly enough for wide open ears to hear!
- He has reminded me that even when I do not see Him or I do not hear His voice, He is still working. He is ALWAYS working - even when He is silent!
- He has reminded me that I am to sit quietly and wait for Him to speak.
- He has reminded me that His ways are higher than my ways and that if I could explain all the "whys", that He wouldn't be God!
- He has reminded me that what I really believe is reflected in my personal conduct.
- He has reminded me that his grace empowers me to say "No" to worldly desires and ungodliness.
- He has reminded me that my prayers need to be more about Him and less about me.
- He has reminded me that He is much more interested in my holiness than my happiness.