Sunday, August 21, 2011

Let's Pick Up Where We Left Off..

Where has the time gone?  I cannot believe that the last time I posted was on May 18th!!  And to think, I had such high expectations on that date, that I was jumping back into the blogging that I love so much.

Well..here we are some 3 months later....so let's just pick up where we left off.  When I last posted, I was just beginning my new "position" at my part-time job in the restaurant where I had previously been working as a Hostess. To say that I was a little fearful and apprehensive about the prospect of waiting tables for the first time in my life, would have been an understatement!  I think that most people have waited tables at some time in their lives, but I never had.  I began working part-time in a dental office when I was 15 years old and never had the opportunity to wait tables.  So...at age 54 (Yikes!)...I waited on my first guests in a fine dining restaurant!  And, I am here to tell you that I absolutely LOVE it!

I have known for some time that my "love language" is "Acts of Service", so this is "right up my alley".  There are so many things to remember and I am still learning how to think ahead and know what my guests are going to need before they even need it, but I truly love taking care of them. I love seeing people have a wonderful dining experience, and I really take pride in offering them the best time service I possibly can. I am currently averaging about 23% in tips, so I am thankful to God for providing me with this opportunity and helping me to learn all that I have to learn. I can do ALL things through Christ!

On another happy note, we have a new addition to our family.  For some time now, I have wanted a little "lap dog"...in a house filled with 2 big dogs and a 13 pound Ragdoll cat!

So, without further ado...

I am pleased to introduce to you, Isabella, who we affectionately call, "Izzie".




"Izzie" is a Bolognese puppy and currently weighs about 7 1/2 lbs.  The vet expects that she will probably weigh about 10 lbs. when full grown, so she is the perfect addition to our pet family. When I found her through a friend on FaceBook, I knew absolutely nothing about this breed, but only that she was a "lap dog" as I had wanted for sometime AND she was adorable!  I drove 4 hrs. (round trip) on the Friday before Memorial Day in a terrible storm, and as soon as I saw her, I knew she was mine!


Bolognese are of the Bichon type and have a single coat which flows in loose ringlets; sort of woolly, rather than silky.  They are not to be trimmed or clipped.  They are very intelligent and have a very keen sense of hearing. (The girl can hear a pin drop in the house next door, but thankfully, she is NOT a "yapper"!

After researching more about this breed, I learned that they were bred in Italy to be companion dogs --- and companion dog she is!  They are known for forming a close bond with their owners.  She is in the middle of everything and is clearly the boss of EVERYONE in the house.



Thus, the name "Izzy-Busy-Body" that we have nicknamed her!





Another reason for wanting a new puppy was that my Boxer, Champ, is now almost 11 years old and is starting to "slow down" a little.  The vet said that it would be good for Champ to have another dog around - that it would help to keep him young.

I think she was exactly right, but I'll let you decide for yourself....


5 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I was so happy to see an update from you! Izzy is really cute and I had no idea you were working in a restaurant!

Rebecca Jo said...

Ahh - love your new addition! :) I always say its so good to have more then 1 dog in a family - it does keep the life in them.

Seeing your cute little Izzy makes me want to get dog #5 :)

Faith said...

You blogged?!?! Yay!

I love that little Izzy busy body - she's such a cutie! I love you too!

Jill said...

I've never waited tables either but have always thought I would enjoy it. You are definitely the type of waitress we love to have when going out to eat...no doubt your customers love you!

And Izzy is SO CUTE!!!

Sarah said...

So glad you enjoy waiting tables! I knew you would be great at it! You are wonderful with people. :o)

Izzy is so cute!!! Glad she is keeping Champ young :)