This past week my husband and I had to drive to another city for a doctor appointment. Before leaving our driveway I "plugged in" the address of our destination in the onboard navigation and asked for the fastest route. The "sweet woman" immediately said, "please proceed to the highlighted route and your guidance will begin". Once we got out on the highway she periodically would say, "continue on the highlighted route."
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
God answered all my prayers! There was NO time for an enema (PTL!) and Rebekah Faith was born at 6:29 am and just look at what she weighed in at! God is Good!
Your dad's first comment to me was, " Well, honey, you got everything you wanted all the way around - a short labor, no enema and a little girl!"
The best wife a man could ask for!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I got on Bloglines during lunch today to read a few of my favorite blogs and my new blogging friend Hollie brought a big SMILE to my face by giving me this award!
I enjoy reading her blog so much. She is so cute and has such a great sense of humor. She always makes me smile! If you haven't visited her blog yet, please click here to check it out.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
These are the rules for The Smile Award:
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
And without further ado, here are the 5 people that I would like to pass this award on to:
1. Dawn - I think of Dawn as my "eternal cheerleader"! Her comments that she leaves on my blog always lift me up. I am always encouraged by reading her posts. She loves her kids, the youth of today and the Lord! She is leaving for the Mayo Clinic this week for a long awaited appointment regarding knee pain. Please check out her blog and let her know that you will be praying for her!
2.Betsy - I love reading her blog! She is such an awesome Mom, approaching the "empty nest" years, that loves her children so much! She is also a teacher so her students must be so blessed by her as well. Her blog always makes me feel uplifted and leaves me with a smile! You have to stop by and visit her - you will be blessed!
3. Jenna - Any of you that know Miss Jenna know that you cannot read her blog without smiling. God has gifted her with an amazing ability to write and express herself. She has an amazing family and friends and you will become part of them as you follow their adventures!
4. Cindy - Cindy is a new friend of mine in the blogging world. She has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and is just beginning her battle. God has given me such a burden to pray for this sweet mom dealing with a difficult "storm" at this time. Her strength to fight this battle and the wonderful stories she tells about her precious children always lift me up! Please pop over to her blog and let her know that you are praying for her!
5. Faith - Many of you know that Faith is one of my daughters. She has so many wonderful friends that are part of her life and so many interesting things that happen to her. God is working in her life in such a mighty way. I am encouraged in MY walk with the Lord every time I read her posts. She and her husband are dealing with infertility and would covet your prayers. Please drop by her blog and let her know that you are joining with many of us to cover them in prayer. You will be blessed by reading her "walk of faith".
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Walt and I headed out about 10:30 this morning and were faced with the situation of no one having gas in our area! We finally found some at a BP station that I had seen had gas yesterday. We had planned to only put about 10 gallons in, but after speaking to some people at the pumps and learning that none of the stations in our area, other than this one, had any gas, we decided we better fill up. Here is my "Cowboy" filling up the truck.
We then headed to Winston Salem because I had a follow-up appointment at Wake Forest Baptist University Medical Center.
I am on a 6 month check-up schedule following a biopsy on my face that I had several years ago. Each time I go, the doctor takes photos of the place on my face and has been delaying surgery unless the area starts to change. (They are really watching it closely because my daughter had Melanoma.)
Are these not some of the most beautiful Mums you have ever seen! I love Fall and it is really starting to feel like Fall and look like Fall here!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
My sweet blogging friend, Megan, recently got married and has been posting her absolutely beautiful wedding pictures for all of us to enjoy. Her pictures look like a celebrity wedding!
Let me just introduce you to Nottingham Lace. Lots of Nottingham Lace! I absolutely fell in love with this dress when I first saw it, and knew it was the one! (Though, now, for the life of me, I am not sure what I was thinking! LOL) Actually, I STILL love it very much!
We were married in a beautiful Methodist Church in Columbus, Georgia where my Mother still attends to this day. Our wedding was at 3:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
Was he not the cutest thing ever? Now you see why I had to say YES!
The church has one of the most beautiful stained glass windows that I have ever seen. I miss that a lot of churches now no longer have stained glass in their worship centers. How beautiful is this?
Thanks for sharing in our special day from almost 31 years ago! I would love to see your wedding photos, too, so go here to share them with all of us. (Hey!...if I can share MINE, anyone can share theirs!)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Lewis is our Blue Bicolor Ragdoll kitten who was born March 9, 2008 so he is 6 months old today! Below are pictures of his Mother, Cassie Lane, and Father, Ernest, so you can see where he gets his good looks!
HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY, LEWIS! You are the sweetest Ragdoll ever! We love you, buddy!